Succeeding in Academia
Copyright at UBC
Preparing conference posters
These links will take you to some “how to” for preparing poster presentations.
Recent Workshop/Conferences Presentations
Materials from the latest EDST workshops and presentations. If you don’t have PowerPoint, you can download a free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft.
- Feb. 4, 2013 – Democratic Decline and Diversity: The Us vs. the Us’s [PDF] – Prof. Barbara Arneil [MP3, 38 MB]
- June – 2012 Inter-University Graduate Seminar
- June 14 – Young people and self-organizing activities in urban space: A Denmark cross case analysis [PDF]
- June 2 – Inter-University Graduate Seminar in Educational Research
- May 3 – 2012 Theory Workshops, Renisa Mawani: Racial Violence and the Cosmopolitan City [MP3, 46 MB]
- April 18 – John Horn: What are the options with my Educational Studies Degree? [PPTX]
- March 8 – 2012 Theory Workshops, P. Taylor Webb: The Many Moods of Paul Gilroy [MP3, 75 MB]
- Feb. 7 – 2012 Theory Workshops, Juanita Sundberg: Feminist Geopolitics [MP3, 38 MB]
- Feb. 1 – Academic Writing Workshop 2012, by Reky Groendal [PowerPoint]
- Feb. 1 – Academic Writing, by Marilynne Waithman [PDF]
- Jan. 25 – Preparing for your Comprehensive Exam, by Shauna Butterwick [PowerPoint]
The following is a list of material presented at the various EDST workshops.
Please check the calendar for a complete listing of workshops, seminars, and other events that are happening at EDST and on campus.
- Do’s and Don’ts – Form Start to Finish by Jason Ellis
- Successfully Navigating the BREB (Ethics Board), by Deirdre Kelly [PowerPoint]
- Developing A Thesis Proposal Workshop by Tom Sork [PowerPoint]
- Office of Research SSHRC Application Workshop by Shauna Butterwick [PDF]
- Effective Conference Presentations by Tom Sork [PowerPoint]
- Trade Secrets and Everyday Knowledge of Publishing by Leslie Roman [PDF]
- Focusing your Thesis Topic by Shauna Butterwick [PDF]
- Referencing without Headaches by Claudia Ruitenberg [PDF]
- Conference Proposal Workshop by Michelle Pidgeon and Pierre Walter [PowerPoint]
- Finding and Managing Your Research Supervisor by Shauna Butterwick & Lori McIntosh (24 KB PDF)
- Poststructuralism in Education: an Introduction by Dr. Tara Fenwick (26 MB PDF)
- Evaluating Learning: Revisiting Basics and Struggling with Issues by Dr. Tara Fenwick (6.80 MB PDF)