Individual research Interests
Research and Education
Chapters in Books
- Curtis, C. K. (1996). Social studies for students with mild disabilities. In C. Warger & M.
Pugach (Eds.), Curriculum trends, special education and reform: Refocusing the
conversation. New York: Teachers College Press, pp. 123-133.
- Curtis, C. K. & Shaver, J. P. (1996). Social studies and students with disabilities. In B. G.
Massialas & R. F. Allen (Eds.), Crucial issues in teaching social studies, K—12. Belmont,
CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
Conference Papers (Invited)
- Curtis, C. K. Another look at the early research on the DARE Core Curriculum. DARE Update
and Evaluation Meeting. RCMP Headquarters, Ottawa, October 29, 2008.
- Curtis, C. K. Teaching DARE: Comments from Parents, Teachers, and Students. RCMP Drug
Awareness Workshop, Courtney, British Columbia, June 8, 2000.
- Curtis, C. K. Report on the West Vancouver 1999 DARE Study. BC Association of Chiefs of
Police, Campbell River, June 7, 2000.
- Member, Resource Advisory Committee, Courtlink Auto Crime Prevention Program, Law Courts Education Society of British Columbia, 2001-2002.
- Member, RCMP DARE Evaluation Committee, 2003-2004. Additional *For the first five years after I retired I edited manuscripts (English) for Japanese ornithologists and the Japanese Journal of Ornithology.
- Participated in two television programs for the West Vancouver Police Department. *Wrote two columns on the DARE program for the North Shore News.